Listed below are 8 tips which will help you to meditate easily and effortlessly.
1. Time – It is important to set aside time to meditate everyday. The ideal time to meditate is 20 minutes two times a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Meditating as soon as you wake up and before your evening meal have been found to be optimal.
2. Regularity – It is good to meditate at the same time everyday. This forms a rhythm which your body will recognize and anticipate.
3. Place – Just like it is good to meditate at the same time every day, it is also better if you can meditate on the same place. You may have a special cushion or a mat or a corner in your home where you will meditate everyday. This will help you to transition into meditation really fast.
4. Surrounding – If you are just starting off, select a relatively quiet place to meditate. Once you have been meditating regularly, you will literally be able to meditate in a fish market.
5. Seating – It is advisable to sit with your spine erect in a comfortable posture. Most people think that they have to sit in the Lotus Posture. It is not necessary to force your body to sit in uncomfortable postures. You can sit on the floor on a mat, you can sit with your back against the wall or you can even sit on a chair. Comfort is of importance so that you are not distracted by bodily sensations in your practice.
6. Timer – It is a good idea to sit with a timer initially. If you can find one which has a soft sound, it is good. After you have been meditating for some time, you will be able to intuit when your 20 minutes are up.
7. Quiet Time – It is important to sit quietly for 2- 5 minutes after you have finished meditating. This allows you to transition smoothly into your normal day to day activities.
8. Crystal – You can buy a beautiful crystal and make it your meditation crystal. It is important to cleanse it before you use it. Soak it in salt water or sea water for one day. Then charge it for one day in sunlight and one day in moonlight, before it is ready for use. Hold it in your hand everyday when you meditate. The crystal will store your vibrations as you meditate. This will help you go deeper in your meditation faster.
A regular practice of Meditation has been found to have great benefits like stress release, calm and peace of mind and also physical healing and rejuvenation.