Zen meditations are the lifeline of today’s hectic and stressful world. It’s not wrong to say that if you want to hold on to your sanity, hold on to the meditation techniques!
This particular form of meditation involves sitting in particular postures and bringing the mind and body to a stable and peaceful condition. It induces a deeper sense of self-awareness and makes you discover your inner strength. In layman terms, you simply sit without distracting yourself and focus on the thoughts and images that come to your mind. With time, your heart rate reduces and your breathing gets shallow. You are now in a reflective state of meditation.
By the use of deliberation and concentration, you produce a synergy that unites your body, mind, and soul. As you practice meditation on a regular basis, the energy required for synergizing the three aspects of your being is achieved. During your meditation sessions, your mind is aware of only the present moment. There is no past or future. Thus, there are neither painful emotions from the past nor worries about what’s going to happen next, which are the main causes of stress and tensions in everyday life.
While in a meditative state, your mind reacts only to the present. Thus, you have no thoughts. Your mind with utmost calmness and peace is free.
Interested in trying Zen meditation, but don’t know where to start? Well, here are certain steps to help you get started…
- Become aware of your breathing.
- Focus when you inhale and exhale deeply. You will experience a sense of peace at this time.
- As you inhale, think about your whole body. By doing this, you calm your entire body.
- As you exhale, think about each part of your body, beginning from your shoulders. Relax them one by one. By doing this, you empathize on all your body needs.
- Relax the muscles of your face one by one.
- Concentrate on your body and relax any muscles that are tense.
- When you take in the air, think about happiness; the happiness of being alive, of hearing, seeing, and breathing.
- Practice and practice until you become the master of your body and mind.
Zen meditation induces stillness of mind. The techniques are so designed that they get rid of all unnecessary thoughts from your mind, including the negative ones, and give you emotional and mental peace.
I hope you found these tips helpful! To uncover some shocking truths about meditation retreats, and to discover the benefits of using meditation bells, please go to: http://www.OnlineMeditationGuru.com/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/David_Barrett/102085
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/878107