Source: (5) Team 777 WGN USA – Home
This is a must see product, first of it’s kind that is capable of not only monitoring your human performance, but serving as a health monitor for friends and family. Featured on Fox News and creating quite a buzz, check it out…!
Source: HELO Life
The smartest thing is to attempt several alternate means in seeking to attain the many advantages of meditation , in advance of selecting one which is best for you. While many individuals enjoy doing meditation with a type of exercise such as pilates, aerobics, or yoga, others prefer meditation by itself. Whichever you prefer, you should chose a method that gives you the most relaxation possible.
Through reconnecting your soul to the spiritual source, the principal ambition in meditating proves to be relaxing both mind and body. The mind is able to calm down, when the body is calm. This can literally help the body to improve in health. A second advantage to be gained through meditation centers on the fact that it is a method for permitting yourself to think clearly. Your mind simply becomes conditioned into a relaxed and calm state that carries forth in your day-to-day life, allowing you to better handle situations as they may arise. Of course, you need to make it a regular practice, and not just meditate on days you “think” something bad may happen. For those who meditate routinely, they will find that their troubling times minimize. Your problems will not be so enormous, and you will be capable of dealing with them when the arrive.
A third wonderful element of meditation lies in your ability to employ meditation to attain that spiritual place within your soul. Meditation is furthermore a means of Prayer, for those of you who believe in God, and it permits you to converse with the greater power in a calm and relaxed manner. Basically, if you are unsure of what God is trying to say, perhaps it’s time for ALL of us to quiet our minds and hearts and souls enough to TRULY LISTEN! Those of you who are meditation novices will discover that you will need to choose if you want to meditate after exercising, or if you would prefer to meditate alone, without exercise. You ought to begin with a yoga video or yoga class, if you prefer to meditate following exercise. Following most yoga sessions, there is typically a session for meditating.
You will have to first pick out a chant or mantra, if you only wish to meditate without doing it with exercise. More or less this is a chant which enables you to concentrate on your relaxation and meditation . Fixing your eyes on a single area or mark on the wall is helpful, too. Looking into the flame of a candle is an especially wonderful technique to focus your attentions on your meditation goals. You must concentrate in such a manner that your mind clears when you meditate. The goal of meditating is to empty your mind of everything, not to conjure up images in your mind , for a little while anyway. For any amount of time that you are able to think of nothing and relax, this signifies that you have been successful. It’s TRULY AMAZING how such a simple act, when performed effectively and consistently, will help you to maintain this peace and clarity in ALL your daily activities!
Meditation is one of the greatest gifts you can give to yourself. It promotes clarity, peace of mind , and relieves stress. For some however, meditation can be stress inducing by itself. That is why most people seem to think it lacks any benefit. Quieting the mind is no easy task, but with practice it is obtainable.
My first recommendation when getting started with meditation is to not treat it as a technique. This may seem contradictory at first, but it’s very important in understanding how it helps to quiet the mind . As humans, we are compelled and drawn towards “figuring things out”. Have you ever noticed how children constantly ask why? It’s because they want to understand whatever it is they are analyzing. If you attempt to create a technique to meditate, it may hinder you. This is especially true of those with analytical minds . When you label meditation as a set in stone technique it becomes more of an obligation, rather than a state of being.
My second recommendation is to not stress over meditation . As I said before when you treat something as a technique, there is always a potential for something to go wrong. If you don’t stress over meditation and allow whatever happens to happen, you will derive far greater benefits than an individual who has a main focus of “getting it perfect”. It may seem counter intuitive, but meditation is the absence of thought. One can not reach a state of peace if the mind is constantly debating whether or not the meditation is going well.
My third recommendation has to do with setting time aside for meditation . Many people fall into the trap of scheduling meditation and making it mandatory to do at least an hour of meditating. Do not fall into this trap. Yes, Buddhist monks meditate for very long periods of time, but their environment is conducive to the goal they are attempting to achieve. Do not make meditation an obligation; otherwise you will fall into habit and routine. It becomes one more stress inducing thing that you feel you have to do, and this mindset will not be in agreement with the idea behind meditation .
My fourth recommendation is this, be creative. Meditation does not have to be in the stereotypical lotus position, eyes closed, and mantra humming style. If it works, fantastic, but if it doesn’t don’t beat yourself up. I feel meditation is whatever brings you to higher states of awareness and promotes general well being. Take drawing or art for example, that state one achieves where ideas seem to flow freely from mind to paper could be described as active meditation . Another example is meditating on nature. Sit outside one day and just focus on your environment, notice every minute detail, but don’t analyze it, just perceive it as best you can through all your senses. Again do not get caught up in the whys and hows of meditation , instead find your own way.
Meditation is what one makes of it. If it is seen as a chore, then that is what it will be. If it is seen as a chance to quiet the mind and achieve happiness, then that is what it will be. Your perception of meditation is what creates your experience. Meditation is a chance to discover oneself and become aware. Find your own path and learn through experience. The greatest pleasure we can ever have in life is knowing who we are and what we stand for.
Peace of mind is an inner strength that has both emotional and biological value of immense proportions. From it flows true happiness which is not based on material accumulations or peer recognition.
Everyone has the capacity, regardless of background or experience, to obtain this precious commodity. Here is one approach to consider in this quest.
1. Want it. Really want it. If you do, it will be one of your highest priorities in daily life. You will be more open to learning what others have accomplished in order to find peace. There is great wisdom out there in the experience of others. You will soon recognize that peace of mind is an ongoing work in progress, not something you “get” and do not have to maintain.
2. Create a daily reflection time. For most, this is the most difficult part of finding peace because it means cutting into the rapid paced living style that is characteristic of western culture. However, you can find a way to spend 20 minutes just for yourself every day. Get away from it all, and seek the solitude you deserve to replenish your inner life.
3. Review your past life for what you are grateful for. Include the people who helped you, the books that influenced you, your friends, and the experiences that taught you important lessons. And, don’t forget all of the so-called little things, your health, home, automobile, neighborhood, abilities you possess, and hobbies. Write all of this down to reread at specific times when you need to change your consciousness level.
Expanding consciousness (becoming wiser and more understanding of the Self and its connection to a transcendent reality) is a treasure few individuals seek to understand and pursue. Yet, it is at the very core of living fully and with great joy. Notice I capitalized the S in Self in the tradition of Carl Jung, who said that the small self that we know, is our greatest limitation.
4. Each day at reflection time, start by writing down the things you are grateful for that happened the day before, whatever they may be. You made an important sale, an old friend telephoned, you had a great cup of coffee at your favorite shop, one of your kids said “I love you,” you had a great round of golf, or your loan application was approved, are examples. You will profit significantly from where this mind set eventually takes you.
5. Conclude reflection time with fifteen minutes of meditation. Choose any form that you enjoy. Here is one I used for years. Take several deep abdominal breaths to relax. Sit comfortably, legs uncrossed. Choose a four-syllable word you would like to repeat (I used the Aramaic word Maranatha, which means come Lord). Focus on your breathing and each time you exhale repeat your word. Any time your mind wanders, and it will, calmly bring it back to your word. The solitude you find in meditation engenders peace.
6. During your normal day, begin choosing your conflicts carefully. Most of what we get exercised about is not worth the time and energy demanded. Keep putting this question to yourself, “Do I want peace or conflict to dominate my life?” Why get stressed out over a traffic jam or not getting invited to a certain party? Refuse to let others upset you because they don’t follow your way of looking at things.
In short, avoid thoughts that drain your energy. Choose loving thoughts to energize you because what you give out keeps finding its way back.
7. Focus on the little picture, not the big one. That is, focus on peace in your corner of the world, your work, home and neighborhood and let the world problems be addressed by others more qualified. This does not mean we lose interest in world problems. We vote accordingly, but we can limit the inner turmoil they create each day as we read the newspaper or watch the news. Make the world close to you a better place.
In summary, if you want peace of mind, you have to change your daily routine to include down time where you work on your soul through an emphasis on being aware of and thankful for all that you have. Reflection time is an absolute must.
Peace of mind also means accepting the fact that conflict is a choice that you can turn down most of the time. It will help immensely to surround yourself as much as possible with peace-filled friends.
In any event, you must change what you do on a daily basis or you reap the same stress-filled day. The new peace routine you incorporate–a mere twenty minutes of time–becomes a part of your life, for the rest of your life.
Dr. LaGrand is a grief counselor and the author of eight books, the most recent, the popular Love Lives On: Learning from the Extraordinary Encounters of the Bereaved. He is known world-wide for his research on the Extraordinary Experiences of the bereaved (after-death communication phenomena) and is one of the founders of Hospice of the St. Lawrence Valley, Inc. His free monthly ezine website is http://www.extraordinarygriefexperiences.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lou_LaGrand/67745
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/710514
It is a nearly universal desire today to have a sense of peace of mind in our lives. Almost everybody can attest that having peace mind can also bring serenity and happiness.
So what does it mean for our souls to rest and our minds to be at ease? An inner state of calmness, tranquility and a deep sense of freedom is how to define it. You can only feel true peace of mind when the mind is at rest. In today’s world, it can be very hard to experience peace of mind. For the majority of us, we experience it rarely in the course of our time on this sphere — perhaps while enjoying a work of fiction, viewing a TV program that inspires us, or spending time with loved ones.
Some other instances of peace of mind include the feelings that you experience during a vacation. At these times, the worries of work, bills, appointments, and other such things are dissolved, making you stay calm and at leisure.
How to allow more peace of mind into your life now is what the question is. Once you build on that foundation, you can experience the same peace of mind even during the most troublesome circumstances, or when you’re most worried or upset. It is most unusual but some people can actually face obstacles and problems in their lives with a calm and peaceful mind condition. You might want to find more peace of mind in your life, especially when you’re having a rough time, but you might wonder, especially then, how do you do it? It really is a question whether peace of mind can be achieved throughout the day in our daily lives.
Your first task is to find ways to develop peace of mind while going about your everyday routine. When you do this, you start to value these times and develop a yearning to experience more of them. Keeping habits around will let them grow into routines. Peace of mind grows into your steady companion, even when times are tough.
Below you can find some great tips that can help you have peace of mind throughout your day.
First. limit the amount of time that you spend watching the television and the news. Second, steer clear of negative discussions that revolve around pessimistic attitudes. Third, let go of your grudges and forgive. You should have patience with yourself. Even the most successful experience irritation and displeasure during the day, but they don’t take themselves too seriously and have fun throughout the day. Lastly, be sure to set aside time each day to meditate.
You can find daily comfort through peace of mind and it may even become a way of life. You can start doing this by trying little things that enable you to relax. Once you have that down, the main thing is to design a life style that helps you keep the peace of mind that everybody craves.
Ryan Knapp is an enthusiastic provider of self help programs and boosts consumer understanding within the online market place. Get more info about piece of mind by visiting [http://www.attractedactions.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ryan_Knapp/380735
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2702384