RICHNESS AND GLORY©
God causes the day and the night to take their turn,
He permits fires to rage and forest to burn.
He causes clouds to bring forth life giving rain,
And He controls the hands of time and allows it to erase all pain.
There never is a day or night that passes by,
That our merciful Father cannot hear our cry.
God knows our hearts, so there is no need to fear,
For our Heavenly Father shall wipe away each and every tear.
Be rich in good works, be willing to give and ready to share
Then down this narrow path of life, you surely will be treated fair.
Loving thy neighbor as thyself, gives God much pleasure.
Do this and God will bless you with riches, no one can measure.
Under the compassionate shadow of Almighty God,
We are safe and secure from the searing heat of sin.
Seek ye first for the Kingdom of Heaven, then surely
Only good will come your way, and true living will begin.
Written by Wayne Smith Sr.
Peace of mind is an inner strength that has both emotional and biological value of immense proportions. From it flows true happiness which is not based on material accumulations or peer recognition.
Everyone has the capacity, regardless of background or experience, to obtain this precious commodity. Here is one approach to consider in this quest.
1. Want it. Really want it. If you do, it will be one of your highest priorities in daily life. You will be more open to learning what others have accomplished in order to find peace. There is great wisdom out there in the experience of others. You will soon recognize that peace of mind is an ongoing work in progress, not something you “get” and do not have to maintain.
2. Create a daily reflection time. For most, this is the most difficult part of finding peace because it means cutting into the rapid paced living style that is characteristic of western culture. However, you can find a way to spend 20 minutes just for yourself every day. Get away from it all, and seek the solitude you deserve to replenish your inner life.
3. Review your past life for what you are grateful for. Include the people who helped you, the books that influenced you, your friends, and the experiences that taught you important lessons. And, don’t forget all of the so-called little things, your health, home, automobile, neighborhood, abilities you possess, and hobbies. Write all of this down to reread at specific times when you need to change your consciousness level.
Expanding consciousness (becoming wiser and more understanding of the Self and its connection to a transcendent reality) is a treasure few individuals seek to understand and pursue. Yet, it is at the very core of living fully and with great joy. Notice I capitalized the S in Self in the tradition of Carl Jung, who said that the small self that we know, is our greatest limitation.
4. Each day at reflection time, start by writing down the things you are grateful for that happened the day before, whatever they may be. You made an important sale, an old friend telephoned, you had a great cup of coffee at your favorite shop, one of your kids said “I love you,” you had a great round of golf, or your loan application was approved, are examples. You will profit significantly from where this mind set eventually takes you.
5. Conclude reflection time with fifteen minutes of meditation. Choose any form that you enjoy. Here is one I used for years. Take several deep abdominal breaths to relax. Sit comfortably, legs uncrossed. Choose a four-syllable word you would like to repeat (I used the Aramaic word Maranatha, which means come Lord). Focus on your breathing and each time you exhale repeat your word. Any time your mind wanders, and it will, calmly bring it back to your word. The solitude you find in meditation engenders peace.
6. During your normal day, begin choosing your conflicts carefully. Most of what we get exercised about is not worth the time and energy demanded. Keep putting this question to yourself, “Do I want peace or conflict to dominate my life?” Why get stressed out over a traffic jam or not getting invited to a certain party? Refuse to let others upset you because they don’t follow your way of looking at things.
In short, avoid thoughts that drain your energy. Choose loving thoughts to energize you because what you give out keeps finding its way back.
7. Focus on the little picture, not the big one. That is, focus on peace in your corner of the world, your work, home and neighborhood and let the world problems be addressed by others more qualified. This does not mean we lose interest in world problems. We vote accordingly, but we can limit the inner turmoil they create each day as we read the newspaper or watch the news. Make the world close to you a better place.
In summary, if you want peace of mind, you have to change your daily routine to include down time where you work on your soul through an emphasis on being aware of and thankful for all that you have. Reflection time is an absolute must.
Peace of mind also means accepting the fact that conflict is a choice that you can turn down most of the time. It will help immensely to surround yourself as much as possible with peace-filled friends.
In any event, you must change what you do on a daily basis or you reap the same stress-filled day. The new peace routine you incorporate–a mere twenty minutes of time–becomes a part of your life, for the rest of your life.
Dr. LaGrand is a grief counselor and the author of eight books, the most recent, the popular Love Lives On: Learning from the Extraordinary Encounters of the Bereaved. He is known world-wide for his research on the Extraordinary Experiences of the bereaved (after-death communication phenomena) and is one of the founders of Hospice of the St. Lawrence Valley, Inc. His free monthly ezine website is http://www.extraordinarygriefexperiences.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lou_LaGrand/67745
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/710514
It is a nearly universal desire today to have a sense of peace of mind in our lives. Almost everybody can attest that having peace mind can also bring serenity and happiness.
So what does it mean for our souls to rest and our minds to be at ease? An inner state of calmness, tranquility and a deep sense of freedom is how to define it. You can only feel true peace of mind when the mind is at rest. In today’s world, it can be very hard to experience peace of mind. For the majority of us, we experience it rarely in the course of our time on this sphere — perhaps while enjoying a work of fiction, viewing a TV program that inspires us, or spending time with loved ones.
Some other instances of peace of mind include the feelings that you experience during a vacation. At these times, the worries of work, bills, appointments, and other such things are dissolved, making you stay calm and at leisure.
How to allow more peace of mind into your life now is what the question is. Once you build on that foundation, you can experience the same peace of mind even during the most troublesome circumstances, or when you’re most worried or upset. It is most unusual but some people can actually face obstacles and problems in their lives with a calm and peaceful mind condition. You might want to find more peace of mind in your life, especially when you’re having a rough time, but you might wonder, especially then, how do you do it? It really is a question whether peace of mind can be achieved throughout the day in our daily lives.
Your first task is to find ways to develop peace of mind while going about your everyday routine. When you do this, you start to value these times and develop a yearning to experience more of them. Keeping habits around will let them grow into routines. Peace of mind grows into your steady companion, even when times are tough.
Below you can find some great tips that can help you have peace of mind throughout your day.
First. limit the amount of time that you spend watching the television and the news. Second, steer clear of negative discussions that revolve around pessimistic attitudes. Third, let go of your grudges and forgive. You should have patience with yourself. Even the most successful experience irritation and displeasure during the day, but they don’t take themselves too seriously and have fun throughout the day. Lastly, be sure to set aside time each day to meditate.
You can find daily comfort through peace of mind and it may even become a way of life. You can start doing this by trying little things that enable you to relax. Once you have that down, the main thing is to design a life style that helps you keep the peace of mind that everybody craves.
Ryan Knapp is an enthusiastic provider of self help programs and boosts consumer understanding within the online market place. Get more info about piece of mind by visiting [http://www.attractedactions.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ryan_Knapp/380735
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2702384
You do not need to be told that your mind is cluttered. It is actually becoming a problem and a source of stress. You cannot concentrate on what is happening at the moment because your mind wanders to the past, the what if’s and what the possibilities are.
How do you gain a peaceful mind and how do you relieve yourself of stress by doing meditation? When the world seems to be shouting at you with so many things that are happening, many people wanting your attention, many problems that you need to address, it is with silence that you will find your comfort. When you calm yourself down and meditate, you will have a clearer mind and a better ability to process how you would deal with whatever you have to face as of the moment.
These are some of the benefits of meditation for quieting the mind & relieving stress.
1. You will be able to find your inner peace by going through the process of meditation. There are a lot of people who would schedule a travel getaway to a serene location just to be alone for once and feel at peace. You do not need to spend a lot for this once in a blue moon travel because you can find inner peace any time you want on a daily basis. You simply have to find a free time each day in order to escape from your problems and work. You will spend some minutes doing yoga and meditating in order to calm yourself and mind.
2. In order to release stress, you have to learn the right yoga postures and ways to meditate. As you go through the process and try the higher yoga levels, you will be able to detoxify your system and in doing so, de-stress your mind as well.
3. By learning the right breathing exercises and by being in tune with your inner peace, you will be able to easily calm your nerves after getting involved in a fight.
To begin learning about the benefits of meditation for quieting the mind & relieving stress, here’s a look into the processes involved.
1. Learn about the right breathing exercises or pranayams. This will make you aware and enable you to build the life-force energy in your system. After a fight, you can help calm your nerves by performing a breathing exercise known as Bhastrika. Make sure though, that the right trainer helps you understand about pranayams. If you are suffering from any ailment that hinders you from breathing properly, you will be advised to breathe slowly or take long deep breaths, depending on your situation.
2. Find your creative muse by engaging in activities, which can be your outlet in releasing stress. These can be in the form of music, art or writing. The latter can be about anything, from keeping a journal, writing poems and stories.
There are many other things that you can do to attain inner peace, but it is best that you begin with simple tasks and the basics, and move on to the more difficult activities as you go through the process.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ericka_Guinan/1744690
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8249110